POSITION: Surgical Technician
DEPARTMENT: Peri-Operative Services
HOURS: Full Time
Flexible hours, Monday-Friday and on-call as needed
including rotating weekends and holidays
UNION NAME: Local 113
Education/Training: High school diploma or GED required. Graduation from an accredited surgical technician program required. Current BLS Certification.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
The Surgical Technician must maintain the sterile field, Pass instrumentation, equipment and supplies to the surgeon and surgical assistant as needed. Assess and predict (anticipate) the needs of the patient and surgeon and provide the necessary items in order of need, medication preparation and handling with the RN, count necessary items with the RN, specimen care with the RN, and have a choice of dressing application.
Experience: A minimum of six months operating room work experience is preferred.