POSITION: Registered Nurse (two part-time positions available)
Type of Employment: Part-time 0.6 FTE (48 hrs per pay period)
Shift: 12 hours shifts (Day/Night) Days: 0700 to 1930
Nights: 1900-0730 Weekends and Holidays: Yes Union Position: Yes
Union Name: MNA
The Registered Nurse organizes the provision of nursing care to patients through the process of assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel based upon their preparation and job descriptions. The Registered Nurse contributes to the meeting of the mission and goals of the Chippewa County Montevideo Medical Center and Department of Nursing Service, and meets the requirements of the federal, state and local regulatory or accrediting agencies. Provides care to patients of all ages, as noted in the age-related categories section. Position requires a high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers and others.
Education/Training: Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing.
- Knowledge of current principles and techniques of nursing practice
- Ability to function as a team leader, to accept individual responsibility and accountability for decisions and outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, personnel and physicians
- Recognizes the legal limits of nursing practice
- Maintains professional competency through continuing education and independent study
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
Experience: 2-3 years Med/Surg Experience preferred