Job Posting Title: Nursing Assistant
Type of Employment: Part-time 0.9 FTE (72 hrs per pay period)
Shift: 12 hours shifts
Days: 0700 a.m. to 0730 p.m.
Nights: 0700 p.m. to 0730 a.m.
Weekends and Holidays: Yes
Union Position: Yes
Union Name: Local 113
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Nursing Assistant role as a member of the team in the delivery of patient care as defined by the MN Board of Nursing and reinforced in Chippewa County Montevideo Hospital policies. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, assists in providing activities of daily living and comfort measures according to a written plan of care for assigned patients. Assists with patient care activities/services of a technical nature, and assists with daily unit activities and unit order.
- Education/Training: Completion of recognized Nursing Assistant course. Active status on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry
- Knowledge of basic mathematical computations; skill in taking temperatures, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and weights
- Legible printing and/or handwriting.
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions; to observe and report anything that varies from normal or expected
- Ability to communicate and work harmoniously with patients, families and health team members;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
- Ability to manage time effectively.