POSITION: Medical Coder
DEPARTMENT: Health Information Services
HOURS: Part-time 0.8-1.0 FTE (64-80 hours per pay period)
M-F 8:00-4:30 (Flexible)
UNION: Local 113
Education/Training: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician based (CCS-P).
- Ability to maintain current working knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, E/M and HCPCS coding guidelines
- Knowledge in Local Medical Review Policies (LMRPs) and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs).
- Ability to maintain working knowledge of billing regulations.
- Ability to gather/tabulate/summarize data and information.
- Ability to respond to change productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Ability to maintain and enforce confidentiality in all phases of work and to have knowledge of and follow HIPPA guidelines
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience: Preferable but not required, 1-2 years experience in coding.