POSITION: Lab Supervisor
HOURS: Full-time/ Exempt
Education/Training: Applicant must have a Bachelor of Science Degree and be a graduate of an accredited Medical Laboratory Science Program (Medical Technology) with one year technical experience or have an Associate’s degree from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technician Program, or the equivalent and qualify under the CLIA personnel requirements list in the Federal Register and have five years technical experience with a valid license or certificate.
If the candidate does not already pose a license/certificate they will be required to take and pass a national license exam within the first twelve (12) months of employment at CCMHMC Laboratory. (In accordance with CCMHMC Laboratory Certification Policy)
- The candidate should possess the knowledge and skills to provide technical oversight throughout the lab locations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and be able to teach and apply those in the laboratory setting.
- The candidate shall have good communication skills that include listening, evaluating, and speaking along with proper phone edict.
- The candidate should be capable of directing, organizing, and delegating tasks.
- Develop staffing schedules for the hospital and satellite clinic locations.
- The candidate should possess typing and computer skills, as well as an understanding of hospital information systems.
- Will require knowledge in budget preparation, long term department planning, and follow through skills or be willing to learn them.
Experience: A minimum of one year supervisory experience is preferred but not required.